Thursday, January 14, 2010

Earthquake


Last week on Jan 7 & 8, I felt an earthquake near my home. It happened at Calaveras fault line in Milpitas, CA...it's about 20 miles away from my home. The magnitude 4.1 quake (1st day) & 3.8 quake (2nd day). Although it wasn't strong but I can still feel the movement inside my house. Alhamdulillah there were no damage inside or near my place.

On Tuesday, Jan 12....a major earthquake struck southern Haiti, knocking down buildings and power lines and inflicting what its ambassador to the United States called a catastrophe for the Western Hemisphere's poorest nation. The magnitude 7.0 quake -- the most powerful to hit Haiti in a century -- struck shortly before 5 p.m. and was centered about 10 miles (15 kilometers) southwest of Port-au-Prince, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.


A man looks for a body among hundreds of earthquake victims

a poor neighborhood shows the damage after an earthquake

No comments:

Post a Comment